Color R&D Chemist
Cosmetic Lab, one of the fastest growing cosmetic contract manufacturer with heavy emphasis on innovative K-Beauty inspired R&D in Downey, CA is looking for a Color Chemist ready to learn and explore. 5+ years lab experience preferred. Duties include preparing and formulating lab batches, check and maintain lab and regulatory documentation, monitor and measure formulation specifications all under supervision of R&D Director. Ideal candidate must multi-task in fast and dynamic work environment. Be part of one of the most exciting team in the cosmetic industry and prosper. Check our web site at www.cosmeticlabinc.com to learn more.
Please send resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.
The Botnia Manufacturing Specialist is an organized, details expert who ensures that every product is made to our standards –an instruction following, details lover
We are looking for that special someone who will follow effective proprietary recipes, that is passionate about organic skincare and wants to grow with a company that hand manufactures skincare. Read more on our website .
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Innovation Cosmetic Chemist
KIK Custom Product’s Ontario, CA based R&D Lab is expanding its Innovation team and has an urgent need for an Innovation Aerosol/Liquid Chemist. Seeking a creative formulation development pro with strengths in aerosol and liquid development of skincare, haircare and beauty products. This vital support role is responsible for executing a wide range of day-to-day formulations, QA and stability testing procedures for the haircare/skincare/beauty products development and production.
Send resume to GCunningham@kikcorp.com.
Provide testing support for the Research & Development Stability Department for stability study of Cosmetic and OTC formulations. Assist in providing coordination and support for stability study report involving in-house and customer requested data. Responsibilities include administering laboratory measures that assess product appearance and function, assisting in sample scheduling and logging, help with screening and testing of samples, data preparation and entry. Assisting with regulatory aspects of the study protocol. Additionally, the Stability Technician will assist with the house keeping within the lab as needed.
• Prior work experience with cosmetic and OTC stability testing preferable, but not necessary
• Skill with the equipment and procedures necessary to collect stability data (e.g., pH meter, Viscometer, Moisture Analyzer etc.).
• Computer skills in word processing, email systems, spreadsheets, and databases. Knowledge of PC or Mac computers and applications.
• Skill in setting priorities that reflect current testing needs and demonstrating flexibility in responding to changing needs and resolving issues as they arise. Ability to multitask.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing. Able to communicate effectively with Research & Development Staff and to conduct data collection using clear and standardized procedures.
• Excellent organization and communication skills.
• Ability to work as part of a team and ability to collaborate with other lab personnel.
• Experience working in a laboratory research setting preferred.
• Skilled in working independently and following through on assignments with minimal direction.
• Attention to accuracy and detail in all aspect of stability studies.
• Demonstrated ability to handle confidential materials with discretion.
• Ability to use standard lab and office equipment, including telephones, copy machines, and scanners.
• Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds.
• Proficiency in laboratory equipment and computer.
• Highly motivated and interested in all aspect of stability studies.
Resumes to email@example.com.
Lead Quality Auditor
Identify, develop and maintain quality systems to ensure continuous improvement throughout the company in the management of audits to meet customer, regulatory and cGMP requirements. Work with cross-functional teams to facilitate and lead quality improvement activities.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure adherence to Quality System anddevelop and/or update SOP and Departmental Procedures as necessary.
- Lead internal and external audit programs.
- Assist in development of checklists and participate in facility walk-throughs.
- Document and incorporate observations into tracking logs for communication to relevant functions.
- Develop and maintain general audit documentation and ensure appropriateemployee training conducted and completed as required.
- Provide timely corrective action to audit findings and coordinate meetings to follow up with responsible parties for completion of actions are within established timelines.
- Interface with customers’ auditors before, during and after audit completion.
- Develop and monitor effectiveness checks upon completion of audit related Corrective and Preventive Action (CAPA).
- Work with cross-functional teams to establish and maintain monthly metrics and KPIs for Quality; use data to drive improvements.
- Maintain facility
- Ensure timely completion of reports including Non-Conformance Reports (NCR), Quality Alerts (QAR), and Quality deviations. Help relevant teams develop appropriate short and long term actions to address quality outages.
- Create & maintain cohesive company information management pertaining to Quality (employee training documentation, equipment calibration master list, etc.).
- Support the VP of Quality & Regulatory on other special projects.
Bachelor of Science in chemistry/related field, or combination of education and experience in cosmetics or related (FDA regulated) industry are required
Minimum 3-5 years of experience in Quality preferably in an FDA regulated environment.
Experience with OTC and/or pharmaceutical products preferred.
Must be extremely detail oriented.
Must be able to work on numerous simultaneous projects to meet established timelines.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
2-4 years’ experience in cosmetic product development
Maintain proper documentation including but not limited to formulation, procedure, specifications, stability data.
Operate pH meter, viscometer, balance/scale and pycnometer.
Communicate with raw material suppliers to gather various technical data, stay up to date with new ingredients/technologies/trends
Prepare Lab batches as per supervisor guidelines for: new formulations, improve aesthetics per customer request, fix stability issues. Write manufacturing procedures for production batches. Write finished product specifications for production batches
Remain present during process scale-up in Compounding
Strong proficiency in natural formulations (Whole Foods Premium, EWG, etc)
Highly organized and can maintain diligent records.
Communicate effectively with all Health Specialty team members
Strong teamwork mentality
Highly motivated and interested in the Cosmetic industry.
Ability to use critical thinking skills.
Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
2 years’ experience in cosmetic formulations
2 years’ experience in color matching
Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Proficiency with natural formulations
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Small Contract Manufacturer in Northridge, with focus in natural and organic, is looking for a Sales Manager to help us grow our business. We need someone who is enthusiastic, with a can do attitude and industry experience to help manage existing customers new projects and to solicit new customers. Ability to work independently and project manage a must. You would also manage the R&D schedule to ensure that your customers needs are met. Some telecommuting is possible and hours are flexible.
Compensation is salary plus bonus.
Please send your resume/CV to Lmiles@vclpl.com
Formulation/Product R&D laboratory is seeking a Jr Chemist in the cosmetics/personal care field. Candidates will make daily lab batches as assigned by management, Prepare paperwork for formula submissions and document specifications for various batches, Perform and monitor stability testing on R&D batches. Ability to work in a fast paced environment with changing priorities is a must. 3+ years experience with Science degree. Benefits Salary negotiable DOE. Email resume to email@example.com.
Formulation/Product R&D laboratory is seeking a Lab Tech in the cosmetics/personal care field. Candidates will make daily lab batches as assigned by management, Prepare paperwork for formula submissions and document specifications for various batches, Perform and monitor stability testing on R&D batches. Ability to work in a fast paced environment with changing priorities is a must. 1+ years experience with Science background. Benefits. Salary negotiable DOE. firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior R&D Chemist
Advanced Cosmetic is looking for a Sr. Chemist Formulator.
· Responsible for the formulation of all types of Skin Care and Sun Care products including but not limited to creams, lotions, balms, sprayable lotions and surfactant-based systems
· Responsible for the formulation of all OTC products including but not limited to acne lotions, sunscreens, and antibacterial
· Responsible for determining product specifications and expiration dates.
· Responsible for originating process manufacturing procedures.
· Responsible for monitoring and releasing first time manufacturing batches.
· Responsible for developing new products to meet marketing and sales department needs.
· BS in , Biology, or related field
· Knowledge of industry trends
· Creative thinking, technical writing and organizational skills
· At least 6 years and more industry experience on the bench formulating.
· Knowledge of cosmetic/personal care raw materials, functionality, and interactions.
· Understanding of emulsion and surfactant technology as well as general formulation techniques.
· Must be familiar with FDA OTC monographs.
Please send resume to: email@example.com
Senior R&D Manager
Senior R&D Manager
• Formulation Lab seeking an experienced R&D Manager. Must have a minimum of 7 years’ experience and a minimum 2-3 years as a supervising chemist of teams of 5 or more members.
• Education Bachelor’s or higher in Chemistry or a related science.
• Manages and directs the research, planning, and executing new programs and protocols.
• Oversee the entire development process of new product formulations.
• Serves as a technical resource within the department, providing guidance for lab staff members.
• Serve as either project team member or leader, supporting Product Development department in client communication.
• Supervise lab staff members. Provide technical assistance and training, project direction, and feedback on all aspects of performance for staff.
• Experience in the cosmetic industry is required and general knowledge in the categories of Marketing, Packaging, Regulatory, Clinical Testing is to be expected.
• Must possess sound formulation skills in traditional skin/hair as well as “green” categories
• Must be familiar with formulas and patents within an assigned product category, and state-of-the art industry methods of formulating for stability and cost efficiency.
• Must possess an understanding of the principles of product evaluation, biophysical measurements and consumer testing as it applies to product formulation.
• Must possess Computer skills, an awareness of basic aesthetics, stability, performance, tech-transfer, scale up and safety evaluations.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills are required in order to interact with various levels of personnel within and outside the Company.
• Must have attention to detail and can adhere to deadlines.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities and a “Can Do” attitude is a MUST.
Benefits. Salary negotiable DOE. firstname.lastname@example.org
Quality Assurance Manager- Personal Care
Establishes and enforces quality standards, provides technical services, supports and ensures compliance to regulatory requirements, and achieves operational efficiencies in the production of organic and natural personal care products. The incumbent supports continuous quality improvement of goods and processes in the Personal Care Cosmetic and OTC categories through reinforcement of product quality and safety programs.
Contact: Maria Maldonado at Maria.Maldonado@hain.com
A qualified candidate will have the following:
• Computer skills to manage formula work and document all information.
• 2-4 years experience in Personal Care product development
• Science-related college degree.
• Maintain proper lab notebook documentation including but not limited to formulation, procedure, specifications, stability data.
• Ability to operate and record data using various laboratory equipment, including but not limited to: pH meter, laboratory viscometer, moisture analyzer, balance/scale and pycnometer.
• Communicate with raw material suppliers to gather various technical data.
• Attend seminars and keep current with new technology.
• Prepare Lab batches as per supervisor guidelines for: new formulations, reducing cost of existing formulation, improve stability or preservation. Write manufacturing procedures for production batches. Write finished product specifications for production batches
• Supervise initial production batches.
• Maintain and record stability data on formulations that are in the evaluation stages.
• Report stability issues and other relevant issues to supervisor in a timely manner.
• Familiarity with Microsoft office excel, word, outlook
• Highly organized and can maintain diligent records. Detailed oriented
• Communicate effectively with customers in regards to formulations
• Ability to ask questions and be honest about issues immediately.
• Highly motivated and interested in the Cosmetic industry.
• Has critical thinking skills.
• Calibrate equipment as needed and assigned.
• Attend in house GMP trainings
Please send resume to email@example.com
Ultra is seeking a self-motivated person to help us achieve this goal and join our sales team as the west coast Technical Salesperson!
Ultra is a fast-growing company that focuses on finding & keeping skilled people. We want to have fun, while excelling! We are a family-owned supplier of actives, polymers & natural technologies. Ultra is looking for a highly motivated team player to join our organization and enhance our team, company and sales.
- Grow business in territory (west coast) by 20%+ on average year on year while maximizing profits
- Establish, develop and maintain a robust relationship matrix between clients and Ultra
- Become an expert on Ultra’s key technologies
- Deliver technical presentations to customers at all levels (VP’s, Owners, CEO’s, PhD’s, Scientists, Chemist, etc.)
- · Analyze the territory/market’s potential opportunities
- Manage customer projects, opportunities and report as necessary
- Troubleshoot & resolve customer or supplier issues
- · Keep abreast of best practices, trends & competitive intel
- Solicit opportunities at tradeshows
- Travel to customers for face to face meetings
- · Coordinate sales effort with team members and other departments
- · Continuously improve through feedback
- Brainstorm with team members to generate new ideas to
- develop business and grow sales
- improve our product and service offerings
- review new marketing ideas
- improve the company as a whole
- Chemical or Chemical Engineering degree
- Ability to build rapport with clients, our team & suppliers
- 5 to 7 years of sales experience on west coast in personal care industry
- Highly motivated and target driven with a proven track record in sales
- Excellent selling, communication and negotiation skills
- Prioritizing, time management and organizational skills
- Ability to create and deliver presentations tailored to the audience needs
- Relationship management skills and openness to feedback
- Positive and professional demeanor
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Experience with PowerPoint, Microsoft, Mac, CRM
- Previous experience in technical sales, technical service or as a chemist in the personal care industry
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or 732-224-0200 x207
Company: VMP Cosmetics
The Company develops, manufactures and markets its own proprietary line of beauty products. Located in Vernon, CA.
We are looking for an experienced Plant / Warehouse Manager to organize and oversee the manufacturing of liquid and powder goods. You will be ultimately responsible for the smooth running of all production lines, quality of the output, efficient warehouse and order fulfillment operations, as well as coordinating the production operation with the quality lab activity.
- ·Liaise with other managers to formulate objectives and understand requirements
- ·Control costs and prepare budgets
- ·Organize workflow to meet specifications and deadlines
- ·Control and manage inventory
- ·Monitor production to resolve issues
- ·Manage logistics
- ·Supervise and evaluate performance of production and warehouse personnel (quality inspectors, workers etc.)
- ·Determine amount of necessary resources (workforce, raw materials etc.)
- ·Approve maintenance work, purchasing of equipment etc.
- ·Ensure output meets quality standards
- ·Enforce health and safety precautions
- ·Report to upper management
- ·Efficient layout and operation of manufacturing equipment and warehouse
- ·Accurate ERP and inventory control
- ·Effective communication between QC Lab, R&D Lab and Production
- ·Experienced in project management.
- ·Deep knowledge of production and warehouse management and be very deadline driven
- ·Minimum of 5 years’ experience as plant / warehouse manager with a bachelor’s degree.
- ·Understanding of quality standards and health & safety regulations
- ·Aptitude for equipment operations and troubleshooting
- ·Knowledge of performance evaluation and budgeting concepts
- ·Experience in reporting on key production and logistics metrics
- ·Proficient in MS Office and ERP software
- ·Outstanding communication and ability to build a strong team
- ·Excellent organizational and leaderships skills
- ·Attention to detail
- ·Strong decision-making skills and a results-driven approach
- ·Ability to communicate in Spanish is a plus
Posted July 6, 2019
Company: Botanx, LLC
Will be responsible to mix samples of personal care products such as shampoos, conditioners, creams, lotions and bath products. Test in process materials. Approve all finished product for quality and conformance to specifications before shipping to our customers. Retain Certificates of Analysis and keep on file all critical raw materials and associated records. Ensure that outside testing (micro, environmental) is completed according to defined standards. Maintain and calibrate lab equipment.
Must have a minimum of 3 years of experience in formulation, pilot batching, scale-ups, batch troubleshooting and line trails. Skin care, hair care and color cosmetics experience required.
Contract manufacturing experience a plus.
Regulatory compliance a plus.
Send Resume with Salary requirements to email@example.com.
R&D Color Chemist
Must have a minimum of 3 years formulation
experience in color cosmetic products - shadows, mascaras, eyeliners, highlighters, lipsticks, lip glosses.
Position involves formulation, pilot batching, scale-ups, line trials and claims substantiation.
Send Resume and salary requirements to
Director of Sales
Position requires 5 years of experience working at a Contract Manufacturing company.
Individual will be responsible for building and training the Sales Team; establish new accounts; handle existing accounts; create strategic plans to accelerate company growth.
Must be knowledgeable with all product categories in the health and beauty industry.
Familiarity with product development and manufacturing processes a plus.
Send Resume with Salary Requirement.
East Coast Sales Account Manager
This position requires an individual who loves to interact with customers and is passionate about selling. The qualified candidate must be very hungry, self-driven, highly motivated & goal-oriented with strong work ethics, self-discipline, time management skills and determination to generate sales. This position has tremendous career growth opportunity as the Company grows in
the US with excellent compensation package.
For further iniquires or to submi resume, contact HR@sinolion.com
Using our ERP system the Engineering Associate will be responsible for managing workflows & maintenance as well as Fill & Assembly instructions for production. The position will be responsible for managing workflows & requests for all item master & BOM Creations, changes and maintenance as well as Fill and Assembly Specifications. If you are a highly motivated self-starter who excels in a fast paced , competitive environment with limitless potential - Apply Now!
Senior Chemist II - Skincare Development
Responsible for skin care product development with strong work ethic and communication/personal skills. Expertise in the following product categories are valuable: photo-protection, acne, anti-oxidants, as well as skincare categories within the anti-aging category that use high level actives. Assists in new formulation and process development by performing lab scale experiments, evaluation, etc. Please apply online:
Senior Cosmetic Chemist
This position is responsible for the formulation of skin, hair, body, and otc formulations. It requires close interaction with Marketing from a conceptual and executable level. The job entails ensuring that formulas meet expected performance, safety, and regulatory requirements that will translate to manufacturing scale production. This position works onsite in Chatsworth, California and will report to the Director of R&D.
- ·Innovative ideation of skin, hair, and body products
- ·Formulate from concept to finish with a strict ingredient policy
- ·Aptitude to translate conceptual idea from bench to customer
- ·Experienced with the dynamics of laboratory formulation as it relates to manufacturing scale
- ·Ability to mentor junior technicians and chemists
- B.S. in chemistry or related science
- Knowledge base: Chemistry; Cosmetic formulation;
- Good knowledge and understanding in cGMP and GLP
- Minimum 6 years experience as R&D formulator within the cosmetic industry.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills with team player mentality
Arbonne International is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin/ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military/veteran status, marital status, disability status or any other basis prohibited by law. At Arbonne International it’s about each person bringing passion and skills to a dynamic and inclusive workplace!
Review the official job posting here
Please send Resume's to firstname.lastname@example.org
Chemist - Fragrance
Develops quality products that conform to product profiles. Retains full responsibility of a product from conception to completion. Ensures that all products developed meet all regulatory guidelines. Responsible for quality and thoroughness of work assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Under limited supervision, carries out assignments required for the development of new products.
• Applies appropriate technical skills in making formula modifications to meet new requirements.
• Explores new raw materials within formula guidelines.
• Proactively identifies new formula bases and cost savings opportunities
• Issues lab-manufacturing procedures to Process Engineer.
• Develops programs for process improvements in conjunction with the Process Engineer.
• Recommends remedial measures for problem batches.
• Routinely reviews competitive products.
• Conducts stability screening on all formulas and takes necessary steps to ensure compliance for all specifications.
• Prepares samples and documentation for all Microchallenge, Safety, Stability and C.U.T
• Issues finished good specifications to Quality Control.
• Ensures proper documentation and maintenance of lab notebooks.
• Monitors raw materials and lab equipment. Recommends additional equipment repairs and other resources for the lab.
• If called upon to do so, checks work of lower level Chemists.
• Reports to supervisor weekly
TRAVEL: As needed
All other duties are as assigned.
R&D Cosmetic Chemist
The R&D Chemist at Jova Beauty located in Pleasant Hill, California will be responsible for all steps of formula development from concept to final formulation. Primary responsibilities will be the innovation of new products and product matching. Candidate will need to demonstrate formulation and innovation skills in cosmetics with a focus on color.
Min of 5 years years in cosmetic formulation/product development.
Color matching experience.
Relocation assistance for the right candidate.
For more information or to submit resume, email email@example.com .
Formulation/Product R&D laboratory is seeking a Lab Administrator/Coordinator with experience in the cosmetics and personal care field. Candidates should possess an AA degree or higher in a related field AND knowledge of personal care products. Our fast-paced environment requires excellent follow up skills and time management and the ability to work both independently and in a team setting. Salary negotiable DOE. Email resume/salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org
Sr. R&D Chemist
It is an exciting time for the at Voyant Beauty! We are looking for a Sr. R&D Chemist to join the Voyant Beauty team in Chatsworth, CA.
Apply via our webiste: www.voyantbeauty.com
Are you passionate about creating new, innovative products for top beauty and personal care companies? We are looking for a Director, R&D to join the Voyant Beauty team! Apply via our webiste: www.voyantbeauty.com
Sr. Manager Regulatory Affairs
Dermalogica’s R&D department is looking for a bright, talented individual who’s looking for an exciting opportunity to lead the Regulatory agenda at an exciting time of growth and expansion of the Brand. Key job functions include:
•Provides strategic regulatory support to Brand leadership across all functions
•Provides tactical and operational regulatory input to the innovation agenda
•Ensures compliance of new innovations
•Represents the Brand on the Unilever Prestige Regulatory Network
Contact with interest: 310-900-0842
Formulating Cosmetic Chemist
Exciting opportunity at Santa Cruz based natural cosmetics and topicals company centered around essential oils and plant extracts, founded by two experienced, well funded executive level partners. Santa Cruz Finest seeks to fill two needs: 1) an immediate, short term consulting relationship with a formulating cosmetic chemist to finish some formulations, and also 2) a long term contract or fully employed formulating cosmetic chemist.