Senior Manager, Regulatory Affairs
Murad is a Los Angeles based, high growth cosmeceutical company and a division of Unilever Prestige. In this position, you will provide end-to-end R&D Regulatory Affairs (RA) support to new product development, current pipeline of products, and compliance for Stand-alone & Venture brands with focus on Cosmetics, OTC, Skincare and Oral Supplements.
For details and to apply click on the link below:
Account Sales Manager
SMA COLLABORATIVES LLC is a manufacturer/supplier of unique specialty ingredients for the Cosmetics and Personal Care Industries worldwide . Our range of Actives such as BIO-PLACENTA, FERMENTED OIL, Microbiome- Focused ingredients, Natural Preservatives and eco-friendly, non-animal derived products that have been carefully selected based on performance, environmental sustainability and value to provide customers with inventive technical ingredients that will make them most competitive in their respective marketplace.
Our sales team is seeking a new member of the team for our NEW facility in Los Angeles, California in LA. We seek a candidate who is motivated, organized, energetic, outgoing and professional to support, manage and further develop our West Coast territory. The candidate should have a philosophy and work ethic that matches SMA’s company culture of treating customers as long term respected partners. He or she should be able to conduct value added technical meetings and communications with the companies we serve.
§ Minimum 3 years experience in the Cosmetic Industry.
§ Experience in the Sale of Cosmetic Ingredients or in a technical laboratory in the Cosmetics Industry.
§ Excellent written and verbal skills.
§ Ability to work strategically and effectively under time constraints.
§ Connect with customers on a daily basis to deepen our long term customer relationships.
§ Bring industry awareness to the many innovative ingredients SMA offers from our world class manufacturers through technical meetings, showcases and industry trade shows.
§ Find, develop and follow up on win-win opportunities with our customers and SMA’s unique ingredients.
§ Generate routine sales reports on a regular basis.
§ About 50% travel (regional) and approximately 10% travel (overnight) required.
Please send resumes to email@example.com
Assures consistent quality of production by developing and enforcing ISO 9001 2015 system, validating processes and managing staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Achieves quality control activities by contributing information and analysis strategic plans and reviews: preparing and completing action plan, implementing production, productivity and quality, Identifying and resolving problems, Completing audit, Determining system improvements, Implementing change
- Ensure that organization’s Quality management system conform to customer, internal, ISO 9001 2015 and regulatory requirement
- Develops Quality Control by conducting safety and hazard analyses, monitoring procedure, corrective action and preventive measures
- Validates Quality Control processes by establishing product specification and quality, measuring production, writing and updating quality control procedures and work instructions
- Maintains and improves product quality by completing product, system, compliance and investigating customer complaints, collaborating with other departments to develop new product, manufacturing and training methods
- Prepares quality documentation and reports by collecting, analyzing, summarize information, corrective action and re-validation
- Updates job knowledge by development in quality management and participating in seminar
- Accomplishes quality control human resources objective by recruiting, training, assigning, coaching, counselling, communication job expectation and enforcing policies and procedures
Required Skills and Abilities:
• Must be bi-lingual (English and Spanish)
• Good and practical skills
• Must have basic knowledge of mathematics
• Attention to detail and high-level of accuracy
• Time management skills
• Team player
• Flexible with work hours (able to work after regular work schedule and weekends)
Required Education and Experience:
• Must be at least a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Science or equivalent.
• Experience in the contract manufacturing desired.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
- • Perform work as assigned by the R&D Manager.
- • Must follow all company rules and policies.
- • Maintain an accurate and thorough record of laboratory procedures and results.
- • Maintain an accurate formula book for all lab projects assigned.
- • Utilize the use of laboratory equipment to perform tasks as required.
- • Perform stability/compatibility test on approved formulations.
- • Monitor and review results and advise the appropriate Sales Representative.
- • Conduct mathematical computations.
- • Troubleshoot, clean and maintain laboratory equipment, supplies and area.
- • Must be able to communicate in English and Spanish
- • Good and practical skills
- • Must have knowledge of mathematical computation
- • Ability to analyze and interpret test results
- • Time management skills
- • Team player
- • Flexible with work hours (able to work after regular work schedule and weekends)
Required Education and Experience:
- • Must have a college degree from an accredited university in Chemistry or Biology or an equivalent science degree.
- • Must have at least 3 years of formulating experience.
- • Experience in formulating color cosmetics desired.
- • Experience in the contract manufacturing desired.
Please send resumes to email@example.com
eSalon is looking for a full-time Cosmetic Chemist with experience formulating hair care and a willingness to learn hair color to join our expanding team. This is an individual contributor role, reporting into our VP, R&D. This is a great position for an individual looking to have a strong impact on a company’s main product offering.
What You’ll Be Doing: • Formulate, research, test, stabilize, troubleshoot, validate specifications, and perform other R&I activities related to the hair care industry • Successfully prepare hair care and hair color products • Develop batches from scratch; and improve upon and scale up existing batches • Review current hair dye and hair care formulations and optimize for better performance and optimal ingredients • Assist manufacturing with adjustments/troubleshooting relative to formulation batching/mixing. • Follow projects from formulation development through manufacturing, including helping to establish manufacturing procedures. • Ensure color fastness, accurate color reproduction, stability, and durability of products • Liaise with colorists, marketing, chemical suppliers, and production staff to solve problems, and provide technical feedback when necessary • Coordinate with contract manufacturers to ensure duplication of lab and local results into large scale manufacturing • Work with product development groups to identify new ingredients available on the cosmetic market and integrate them in hair care formulations where needed • Keep up to date with regulatory restrictions related to cosmetic products (state, federal, and international).
Qualifications: • Minimum of 5+ years of experience in development and manufacturing hair care products. • B.S. degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, Material Science or equivalent. • Technical knowledge of chemistry, polymers, colorants, emulsions, surfactants, and other raw materials used in the cosmetic industry. • Knowledge of rules and regulations (FDA, EMA, CTFA, PCPC) for formulation and current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP). • Exposure to formulating liquid hair dye lines and color matching abilities preferred but not required • Effective communicator with the ability to clearly convey technical concepts to technical and nontechnical constituents. • Detail oriented and highly organized. • Strong project management skills with demonstrated ability and desire to take ownership.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
QUALITY CONTROL SUPERVISOR
San Fernando Valley based organic cosmetic manufacturer of skin and hair care products is seeking a hands-on Quality Control professional to ensure compliance of all goods meet established specifications, quality documentation is complete, and procedures are complied to.
- Review manufacturing and production records for compliance to release criteria and confirm updates to QC and production logs.
- Sample, evaluate, and perform analytic tests on raw materials and in-process goods using basic laboratory instrumentation.
- Inspect incoming components & bulk as per defined criteria. Complete compliance reports, identifying non-conformance issues and potential trends.
- Prepare CofA’s and SDSs for materials. Update and control document changes.
- Prepare OOS and deviation reports following performance of a root cause analysis.
- Conduct customer complaint investigations and assist in preparation of a response.
- Participate in the Company’s compliance to all cGMPs, cGLPs, and NOP regulations.
- Minimum 2-5 years Quality experience in manufacturing of personnel care cosmetics, preferably with organic certification.
- Knowledge of Quality Lab instrumentation, all basic Microsoft applications, and experience in an NOP, FDA cGMP environment. Bilingual/Spanish a plus.
BENEFITS: Medical Insurance, Dental, Vision, 401K.
Please send resume for immediate consideration to: email@example.com
Melaleuca, a $2 B CPG company located in Melaleuca, daho Falls, ID, is seeking a highly-motivated, creative Scientist to lead innovation in Skin-Care and provide technical support for the line. Primary responsibilities are to create new and improved facial-care products . Strong formulation skills for topical & rinse-off, raw material expertise, and product evaluation required. BS chemistry/ other relevant science and 5-10 years experience.
Apply at https://careers-melaleuca.icims.com/jobs/1225/senior-scientist---skin-care/job
Vice President-General Manager
Thibiant Naturals (formerly Cosmetic Technologies LLC), located in Newbury Park, CA, is looking for a dynamic Vice President-General Manage to provide leadership, direction, oversight and support for all site functions including customer service (business development), operations, manufacturing, quality, supply chain, finance and human resources to ensure profitability, growth and operational efficiency of the site. Ideal candidate must have 10+ years’ experience in the personal care or cosmetics industry, FDA regulated/OTC environment, BS in Engineering or Marketing. Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thibiant International, Inc., a world leader in the development and manufacture of personal care products in Chatsworth, CA, is looking for a R&D Chemist to join its dynamic creative team. Ideal candidate must have a BS degree in Chemistry or Biochemistry, 3-5 years’ experience formulating OTC and non OTC skin and hair care products, be knowledgeable in ingredients and FDA, CTFA and PCPC regulations, able to color match, have strong written and oral communication skills and be passionate about personal care product formulations. Candidate will formulate, test and develop products for new and existing customers. Thibiant offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Please send resume to email@example.com.
Custom Research Labs, Inc, a full service private label manufacturer. Our capacities include private label cosmetics, toiletries, OTC, health/beauty, hair care, and skin care products. We are looking for an experienced and creative formulation chemist. The Formulation Chemist will lead new product development, retain responsibility of a product from conception to scale-up. Focus on hands on formulation and development of a wide range of new and innovative personal care products including skin, hair, and body (Cosmetic & OTC). Self-motivated, attention to detail, and ability to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines.
Pleaes send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Beautycounter is a disruptive beauty brand that creates and sells safer, high-performing skin care and color cosmetic products. Our mission is to get safer products into the hands of everyone. We work toward this mission by creating best-in-class products with ingredients that have passed our rigorous ingredient selection process. We also work on market and policy initiatives to raise the bar of safety for the entire cosmetics industry. We pride ourselves on our commitment to transparency.
In this role you will:
- Independently work on formulation projects based on product briefs provided by Product Development team
- Maintain clear and accurate records of formulations, procedures, observations, results
- Prepare samples for submission
- Prepare bulk to be sent out to third party testing laboratories
- Supervise pilot and first production batches at the CM
- Maintain specification sheets, CofA’s of formulas
- Conduct stability testing and keep accurate records
- Order raw material samples and request raw material documentation from vendors
- Ability to adjust batches
- Knowledge of ingredient listing
- Knowledge of and ability to learn the functionality of raw materials used in personal care formulations
- Calibrate equipment as needed
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP)
- Communicate with PD, Operations, QA/QC teams as needed
- Contribute to routine laboratory housekeeping and day-to-day operations of the laboratory
- This position requires 7+ years of experience working as a bench chemist in a personal care formulation laboratory.
- BS in Chemistry required.
- In depth knowledge of skin care, hair care and OTC formulations, proven record of successfully formulating scalable and stable formulations, ability to work independently on projects from conceptualization to production is required
Please send resumes to email@example.com
Established in 1965, over 40 years of experience. We operate in a 40,000+ sq ft facility in Gardena, California. We are a full service private label manufacturer. Our capacities include private label cosmetics, toiletries, OTC, health/beauty, hair care, and skin care products. Our facility operates a full service laboratory, product development, manufacturing, filling, shipping/warehouse/fulfillment departments. We formulate and develop high quality products, can customize existing formulas, improve existing formulas, develop new products and duplicate leading products.
● Hands on formulation and development of a wide range of new and innovative personal care products including skin, hair, and body (Cosmetic & OTC). Includes line extensions and product improvements.
● Troubleshooting formulas as well as continuous improvement of existing formulas and process.
● Identify new/improved formulation technologies and implement them to meet project needs.
● Manage and monitor successful scale up, in-house testing, stability, and regulatory aspects.
● Interfaces with all departments throughout the company and interacts with material suppliers.
● Explores new raw materials within formula guidelines.
● Proactively identifies new formula bases and cost savings opportunities.
● Work with production on process improvements for quality, efficiency, and consistency. As well as solving issues with problem batches.
What you need to be successful:
● 5+ years of senior level hands-on laboratory experience developing products with formulation knowledge in various forms (e.g. emulsions, serums, gels, dispersion, and the like).
● In-depth experience managing product development from inception, through testing, scale up and transition to manufacturing. Ability to troubleshoot stability and other issues.
● BS/BA degree in chemistry or a related science.
● Ability to objectively read and interpret scientific studies.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Scientist Skin and Clinical Research
Responsible for developing, designing, and executing moderately complex biophysical research studies to evaluate the efficacy of skin care products. Develop and design clinical testing protocols and documentations; Manage the full process of clinical studies – from concept presentation, study initiation, protocol development, monitoring/auditing and e-monitoring, analyzing, reporting and presenting of results.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- 1. Conducts biophysical studies requiring an intermediate level knowledge of statistical analysis, study design and project development. Projects can require complex design using methodological precedents as guidelines. The incumbent develops or is assigned a project with direct application to product development, designs appropriate research methodology, and conducts research with limited technical guidance.
- 2. Investigate and design unique test methods to support novel instrument product substantiation. Knowledgeable of a wide range of biophysical techniques and methodologies applicable to solving complex problems, and knowledgeable of outside testing laboratories which can perform analyses critical for solving complex problems
- 3. Works cooperatively with other work groups as part of new product development. Completes assigned project responsibilities, communicating individual plans, results, and issues promptly to maximize team success. Work is performed with limited direction.
- 4. Oversees designated areas of biophysical testing, including product preparation, instructions, study execution, preparation of case report forms, and data for analysis and reporting. Complete statistical analysis for evaluation of study data set and provides business implication/interpretation to data; Communicate results through written top lines and final reports. May be required to present data in group settings and report data to various teams through verbal presentations as requested by supervisor.
- 5. Participates on project, research, and organizational teams. Represent the department in providing solutions to a variety of problems as requested by Supervisor. Provide solutions for formula modifications and project direction. Assists project team with incorporating results into team decisions. With management input, determines if advanced statistical analysis is appropriate for data interpretation and implications of results. Assists in reviewing various product claims documents for technical accuracy, including evaluation of corporate product vision statements (CPV), market advertising copy for product labels, inserts.
Please send resumes to Jim.Rodgers@mkcorp.com
Color Chemist Specialist
Experienced (5 years) Chemist wanted for Color cosmetics company in Vernon, CA. Will be formulating color lipsticks, mascara, eye palettes and pressed powders. Must be passionate about Color! Please submit a resume for consideration to email@example.com
Beautycounter activities are growing rapidly, and we are currently seeking a full-time, Analytical Chemist to join our new Analytical Lab team. This position will work in the Global Product Safety team to accomplish tasks and projects that are instrumental to the company’s success. If you want an exciting career where you use your previous expertise, establish a new lab, and can develop and grow your career, then this is the opportunity for you.
- Utilize existing and developed analytical methods in LC-MS, GC-MS/MS, Heavy Metal and impurity analysis, conduct routine and complex testing of cosmetic/OTC entities
- Develop and implement appropriate analytical methodology and procedures following US FDA, Canada, and standard global guidelines/methods.
- Manage external analytical testing including heavy metals, impurities, and/or Good Laboratory Practice (GMP) stability testing of substances/drug products
- Performing instrument set-up, operation, and maintenance. Requires competency in common laboratory skills, and method development
- Coordinate instrument performance verifications, maintenance, and repair activities
- Scheduling of tasks and assignments, manage priorities and changes, communicate changes to various groups, and communicate analytical results and project status to management
- Prepare protocols, reports, and project summaries
- Author and develop understanding of appropriate Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and policies; and
- Fulfill responsibilities of Study Director/Principal Investigator, as prescribed in departmental SOPs and appropriate GLP regulations/standards
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Cosmetic Color Compounder looking for a job in Fontana,CA. Must be able to read formulas and mix product.
Please send resumes to michaeljr@CosmeticIndustries.com