To assist the Sr Chemist with development of new formulas/shades (Powders, Hot Pour Lipsticks, Lip gloss, Concealer, Wet Slurry, Foundations, Mascaras and Skincare products).
Help develop new products and perform all applicable analytical testing.
Prepare and document all experimental lab batches, including the procedures and all the applicable test results in Coptis.
Must have excellent color matching skills to make texture and color adjustments.
Team player, flexible, motivated, no drama.
Send resume or inquiries to email@example.com
Hello! We are looking ASAP for a professional with ICPMS experience to grow our highly motivated team! We are a constant growing lab and a great chance to develop yourself!
Please only apply if you have practical ICP-MS experience (in whatever matrix).
Education and Experience:
- B.A./B.S. in applicable discipline (Chemistry, Biochemistry, Environmental Science, etc.), or equivalent training
- Practical ICP-MS experience for trace analysis
- Three years of experience in the Laboratory Analyst position
- A demonstrated ability to assume steadily increasing levels of responsibility.
- Expanded technical abilities through in-house training and utilizing external resources (seminars, workshops, webinars, etc.).
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are generally Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. – hours are flexible.
This position has no supervisory responsibility. May act as a mentor or train more junior lab employees.
Please send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with your short application.
Seeking a R&D Chemist to manage the development from concept to an approved scaled up formula of a variety of cosmetic, OTC drug products, and EPA, and household products. Typical duties are: Formulation & reverse engineering of a variety of products. Send resume to email@example.com
Responsible for creative and technical aspects of skin care product development inCosmeceuticals, researching & developing creative products working closely with various departments including Marketing and Sales. Assists in new formulation and process development by performing lab scale experiments, evaluation, compatibility of new raw materials, and performs product stability. Ensure formulas meet expected performance, safety and regulatory requirements so that they can be produced to scale in a manufacturingenvironment. Oversees a safe and orderly laboratory environment.
• Creates formulas independently and follow-ups on product stability in addition to being able to identify alternatives for renovation purposes.
• Develops new and robust skin care formulations and processes as well as understands the relationship between formulation and product development.
• Knowledgeable and considers the importance of processing, operating, and design factors that affect skin care formulations.
• Provides chemistry and support for formulations processes including performing analysis and implementing improvements in process cycle time, yield, and quality to maximize operations efficiency.
• Creativrly find solutions to issues, which may arise during product development and/or in anticipation to issues which may appear in pilot plant or manufacturing.
• Responsible for documenting and interpreting data in order to support conclusions with minimal supervision.
• Must meet deadlines and interacts well with various support groups and vendors within R&D.
• Follows through on all aspects of projects from inception to completion
• Handles multiple projects simultaneously and can work under tight deadlines.
• Communicates to supervisor important observations is open-minded to suggestions and test results in an effective manner.
• Bachelor’s Degree is a must; master’s degree in Chemical Engineering or related field highly desired
• Must have strong leadership skills; coaching , mentoring, developing staff
• Must have experience in a laboratory environment
• Strong knowledge of raw material functions and properties
• Knowledgeable in emulsion theory, design, and processing
• Must be highly organized and able to work under pressure with tight deadlines
• Must work collaboratively and in a team environment
Product Manager, Personal Care
Manage distribution business product portfolio for assigned market sector and/or vendors, developing and maintaining a sustainable and profitable business, while ensuring customer & principal satisfaction.
- Manage Supplier reporting and forecasting
- Coordinate product launches with Supply Chain and Sales. Organize product training for new and existing principals
- Obtain and maintain up-to-date technical data sheets and certificates of analysis for use by various groups. Obtain and maintain certificates for the quality system (ISO standards, etc.).
- Provide sales support through pricing strategy, monitoring of business performance and margins and advising on product promotions.
- Define and agree on regional objectives and strategies with team. Monitor business performance – revenue and margins against targets
- Monitor market and competitor activity and provide to management as necessary.
- Identify and assess new principals for region; coordinate with other regions for global opportunities
Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 5 years of proven sales experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Ability to develop and deliver concise and effective presentations. Must possess a thorough understanding of the personal care industry. Willing to travel up to 35%
Contact Talia Talia.Robbins@omya.com
Santa Fe Springs based personal care manufacturer seeking an R&D Chemist. Responsibilities include formulating products that meet expected performance, meets regulatory compliance and is transferable to manufacturing.
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Assistant Manager, Validation & Regulatory Affairs
Company: Benefit Cosmetics
Location: San Francisco
Department: Operations: Research & Development or Packaging
The primary function of this position is to coordinate approved R&D project documentation and samples between Benefit, LVMH and Manufacturer personnel.
The Assistant Manager, Validation & Regulatory will support:
- Research and Development in managing product samples for testing and forecast
- The Product Validation Specialist in the product validation process and documentation
- Regulatory in responding to customer inquiries, ensuring cosmetovigilance processes are followed and updating corporate affair statements
- Bachelor of Science in chemistry/related field or Associates degree with minimum 2+ years of experience in cosmetics industry
- Knowledge of cosmetics formulation/raw materials required
- Previous regulatory affairs experience highly desired
Please email resume to email@example.com or apply directly on https://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp03/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=BENEFITCOSMETICS&cws=52&rid=14202
New skincare company in need of a cosmetic chemist to help formulate products. Based in Los Angeles, but open and willing to work with any chemists in the Southern California area.
Formulation chemist needed on a contract basis
Responsible for formulation and refinement of lotion and personal lubricant base products. Your role will be involved in everything from product ideas, formulation proposals, and formulation development to product testing (internal & outsourced) and getting ready for launches. You must have a chemistry background & hands-on formulation experience..
Must have 2 to 5 years of relevant work experience in personal care/ cosmetic/ aesthetic OTC drug formulation laboratory/regulated GMP production/laboratory. R&D, QA/QC in cosmetics/OTC: 3-5 years (Preferred) 21 CFR 210/211: 3-5 years (Preferred)
- Timely maintain clear and accurate stability and QC records (logbooks, batch records, COA generation, SDS etc.)
- Operating laboratory equipment and instruments, such as mixers, viscometers, pH meters, and homogenizers- leading to all the product development and QC.
- Follow procedures to perform R&D and QC related tests
- Review documentation to assure accuracy and completeness.
- Prepare materials for production, samples for salon or consumer testing, samples for submission, retention and stability program.
- Prepare samples to be sent out to third party testing laboratories and follow up accordingly for test results.
- Assists to monitor aspects of laboratory operations which include, but not limited to: Housekeeping, Calibration and Scale Verification, Formula Verification, Logbooks, and Batch Records.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
- Receive, document, and organize incoming raw materials and packaging and samples- R&D and QC Process.
- Organizes and ensures accurate and reliable filing systems for the paper-based test documents.
- B.S. in Chemistry or equivalent similar major
Send resume with Salary Requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Chatsworth Based Formulation/Product R&D laboratory is looking for a bench technician in the cosmetics and personal care field. Candidates will make daily lab batches as assigned by management, Prepare paperwork for formula submissions and document specifications for various batches, Perform and monitor stability testing on R&D batches. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities is a must. 5 years of experience preferred with a Science background. Medical Insurance, PTO/Sick & Vacation. Salary negotiable DOE Email resume/salary history to email@example.com
Quality Control Associate
Complete projects and requests in a quick, timely and efficient manner.
Respond to customer and project manager inquiries, issues, requests as needed
Assist in approval process for batches and finished goods release for cosmetics and OTC Drug products based on required criteria
Evaluate product submissions, and review for approval to be released by Manager
Submit and monitor samples for micro testing and results
Maintain, organize and store samples as needed
Responsible to make submissions to contract labs and obtain test reports
Work with Project Managers to issue deviations
Review Customer SOP’s with Project Managers to ensure implementation
Create Certificates of Analysis
Issue Stability and Compatibility Forms and obtain interval report and review, obtain final samples for examination and issue summary report
Perform internal product stability studies
Monitor test equipment and maintain in good operating condition
Request Purchase Orders and follow payment as necessary
Ensure invoices are reviewed and paid in a timely manner
Perform incoming Q.C. inspections as needed and report results obtained
Other duties as requested
Strong knowledge of cGMP’s
1-2 years experience
Lab and/or cosmetic industry experience
Strong attention to detail
Excellent Oral and written communication skills
Ability to determine priorities and re-prioritize as needed
Positive and Inspiring team player with a passion for one’s job
Motivated, proactively anticipates departmental needs
Computer Literacy, MS Office
R&D Laboratory Technician
Cosmetic Development Lab (CDL), located in Torrance, CA, and specializing in skin, hair and body care products is seeking a R&D laboratory technician to assist in making daily lab batches as assigned, document formulas and specifications, prepare samples and paperwork for laboratory sample submissions to various customers. Perform and monitor stability testing, and maintain/file laboratory technical files and documentation in support of customer and regulatory requirements. Must possess strong organizational and communication skills. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities is a must. Interested candidates may send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Filling Line Lead
Chatsworth Based Formulation/Product R&D laboratory is seeking a Filling Line Lead to run small scale filling line
Responsible for production line start-up process, line workers including: line assemblers and filling operators. Experience setting up/breaking down filling line and familiar with Video Jet lot coder.
Monitor employee and machinery efficiencies
Ensure that the scheduled work effort is accomplished to production specifications, on time and consistent with quality requirements and ensure cGMP and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) compliance
Reassign employees to secondary production lines as needed.
Responsible for in-process inspection procedures.
Track group attendance record on a daily basis and inform manager of any employee not meeting attendance requirements.
Work with Machine Maintenance and Quality Assurance staff in order to identify and troubleshoot production concerns.
Responsible for the training of new Associates assigned to filling lines. Other responsibilities as assigned by Manager.
High school Diploma or GED preferred or manufacturing experience acting as a Production Leader.
Minimum two years experience in a fast-paced cGMP manufacturing environment.
Demonstrated ability to follow through on project assignments and excellent team building and leadership skills.
Strong, Consistent, reliable attention to detail and ability to work independently.
Salary negotiable DOE. Email resume/salary history to email@example.com
Process Engineer - Cosmetics
Must have a minimum of 3 years of process engineer experience specifically in filling and scaling in the cosmetic industry. Must possess a broad knowledge of manufacturing operations and processes as they relate to product scale-up and industrialization, batch manufacturing and filling line validation.
Detailed Job Description here: https://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp03/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=BENEFITCOSMETICS&cws=52&rid=13272
Send resume with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
EO Products is looking for an innovative formulation scientist who will creatively design formulations that expand upon our core offerings and express our brand promises. We are looking for a curious and talented chemist to develop new formulas that excite and bring solutions to our customers, as well as optimizing and/or improving existing ones. They must be comfortable formulating with natural raw materials and working within the EO Charter of allowed chemistry, including various natural and organic certification standards.
- Research & Development
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong desire to be a leader in developing beautiful, functional formulas that push the envelope of green chemistry.
- Demonstrated effective management of time and projects.
- Experience collaborating with cross department teams: Product Development, Brand, Marketing, Sales
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects of varying complexities, meet deadlines, and be willing to change direction based on collaborative decisions.
- Ability to accept feedback and constructive criticism.
- Positive and solution orientated with a sense of humor and strong work ethic.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to be flexible and promote collaborative relationships.
- B.S. or M.S. in chemistry, chemical engineering or related scientific discipline
- 5+ years formulating experience in cosmetic / personal care
- Working knowledge, and progressive understanding of natural emulsion techniques (o/w, w/o, and micro-emulsions), natural thickeners, green surfactant systems, actives, next generation preservation systems
- Demonstratable creativity thinking and formulation skills
- Must be able to easily adapt to priority changes and able to work on simultaneous projects to meet established deadlines
- Ability to work collaboratively and be self-driven for success
- Supervision experience preferred
- Some travel may be required
For a more detailed description and to apply, please visit the link below:
Director, Product Development
The Director of product development is responsible for ensuring that all product-related projects launch on time + in budget, tracking all tasks + duties and following up with all relevant parties to ensure deadlines are met, and escalating issues as needed. This position reports to the Chief Strategy Officer.
-Optimize product development process in partnership with all cross-functional team members (Product Marketing, Supply Chain, R+D, Regulatory, Packaging, International Marketing) and accelerate speed to market specifically with new innovation areas.
-Development and application of project management standards, tools, and systematic processes using workfront software
-Track + publish performance metrics + PD dashboard weekly.
-Refine, manage and maintain up-to-date project timelines inclusive of all critical milestones, key interdependencies and resource constraints, applying appropriate project scheduling techniques
-Work with cross-functional teams to provide feasibility analysis on new product launches + initiatives
-Identify, recommend and work with the team to implement any cost or time-saving opportunities to ensure projects stay on time + on budget/ in scope
-Lead and organize cross-functional teams to ensure resolution of complex operational issues, some of which may require timely/urgent action, escalate to Exec Team when needed
-Responsible for new product launches, reformulations, repackaging projects, tech transfers + gift with purchase programs (others may be added in the future)
At least 5+ years of CPG industry experience required, skincare or beauty industry experience preferred
Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree preferred
10+ years of project management experience managing cross-functional teams, experience in managing new product development projects from idea to market launch preferred
Proven track record of leading teams in delivering results
Formal Project Management Training highly preferred
Must be familiar with standard PM tools and templates. Strong MS Office suite skills; can demonstrate expertise with project planning software.
Send resume to:
Small cosmetic laboratory in the Northrdige area is currently looking for a QA/QC Manager with a background in the hair care/skin care industry. Candidate must have at least an A.A. degree related to chemistry or other life science. Will be responsible for all aspects of QA and QC for the company including raw materials testing, finished product testing, stability testing, etc. QC/QA Manager will also act as Safety Manager and Plant Manager. Again, this is a small company with huge opportunity for growth, but at the moment each manager has multiple responsibilities.
Candidate will be responsible for the following:
Stability testing of finished batches and developmental formulas.
Raw material testing and verification, and maintenance of CoAs & MSDSs.
Coordinate micro testing of unfilled batches and tracking of outside micro testing for filled batches.
Cooperating as an integral member of production team.
Helping to source equipment and chemicals needed by lab and plant.
Creating SOP’s and putting them into practice with appropriate logs and worksheets.
Management of water system to insure sterile water for production.
Working with chemist and compounders to ensure GMP standards are met.
Candidate must be able to:
Conduct wet-lab analysis with minimum supervision.
Keep abreast of standard lab safety protocols in order to ensure a clean and safe environment for all employees, equipment, and chemicals in the lab.
Conduct daily inspection of packaging lines in accordance to GMP protocol.
Maintain energetic and positive “can do” attitude.
Knowledge of GMP is required.
Needs to be physically able to lift 25 to 40 lbs.
Must have great computer skills in Word and Excel and be willing to learn new computer skills.
As the company is small and growing, candidate must be flexible enough to see what needs to be done and do it for the good of the company.
Linda Miles, Verde Labs
email@example.com, 818 284 4536
Cosmetic R&D Chemist
Join Markwins Beauty Brands…
-If you like to work for the largest privately-held beauty company in North America
-If your passion is formulating for top brands like Wet n Wild®, Physicians Formula®, Black Radiance®, Lip Smacker®, Bonne Bell®, and LORAC®
-If seeing your formulations being sold in over 80000 doors in 80 countries makes you proud
-If you are eager to learn the end to end business in a truly vertically integrated company (from Product development to R&D to manufacturing to marketing to distribution)
-If you enjoy a dynamic working, industry leading career growth, robust compensation package and benefits.
Product Development/Marketing Leadership
Dear Beautysphere Colleagues,
I am looking to advance my extensive background as a highly skilled product development and strategic marketing leader by delivering continued, tangible value with role(s) that feature launching and promoting inspired, creative products and consumer experiences in the beauty, fashion and luxury lifestyle sectors.
When considering my qualifications, please note that my experience with: the development, integrated marketing and commercialization of premium category color cosmetics and physician-dispensed and OTC aesthetic skin care - readily aligns with the competencies and expertise required to successfully execute product development and marketingroles within beauty/cosmetic product setting(s). Specifically:
- Driving product development efforts through oversight of concept-to-counter oversight and management of: time-to-market R&D schedules, product formula conception and compilation, package engineering, testing and quality assurance, regulatory review and brand management;
- Building business cases and developing product portfolios and marketing initiatives that support the company mission and values, while: highlighting the brand promise, addressing consumer concerns and leveraging marketplace opportunities;
- Working with cross-functional divisions to ensure that products and marketing initiatives are completed on time, to specification and within COG budgets and GMP and GLP standards for best in class products;
- Delivering message-focused content for trade and consumer platforms, including: website landing pages and product descriptions, blogs, brochures, ads, articles, technical instructions and packaging - that embodies wit, style and clarity - and fidelity to brand message, image and philosophy;
- Inspiring, empowering and elevating team members to support marketing efforts while reinforcing brand identity and increasing brand awareness;
I would greatly appreciate any feedback regarding opportunities within these fields and thank you for your consideration.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (310) 995-1070 for my resume, which summarizes my experience as a well-presented product development and marketing professional with a highly dedicated work ethic and the capacity to thrive with nimble alacrity in dynamic environments.
Product development consultant seeking full-time position or long-term contract with a growth-oriented skincare or personal care products company. Highly motivated, self-starting professional with proven experience in all facets of the product development life cycle for the skincare and personal care industry. History of leading sizeable, cross-functional product development teams in the design and launch of beauty and personal care products across multiple categories. Adept at forging strong relationships with strategic partners and internal divisions to bolster company bottom-line and reduce manufacturing and production costs.
Highlights of Expertise
- Product Development Management
- Cross-Functional Team Leadership
- Strategic Business Planning / Development
- Cosmetic Formulation
- Supply Chain Optimization
- Market Analysis/Research
- Process / Continuous Improvement
- Creative Process / Project Life Cycle
- New Product Innovation / Go-to-Market Strategies
- Revenue Generation / Cost Control
- Task Prioritization / Organization
- Client and Vendor Relations
Los Angeles Metro Area. Will commute to OC and West Valley.
Please email: email@example.com
An Internationally Trained Pharmacist with a good Lab Experience in both Cosmetic Formulation and Pharmaceutical Products. Completing a second bachelor’s degree in Cosmetic Science and Formulation Design. Seeking a full-time Job in Color Cosmetic and Personal Care Products.
The University of Toledo, Toledo, Ohio
Bachelor of Science in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Dec 2019 Major: Cosmetic Science and Formulation Design.
The University of Kalamoon, Damascus, Syria
Bachelor of Science, Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Sep 2015
● Have worked at Shin-Etsu Silicones of America Inc as Cosmetic Lab Intern from May/13/ 2019 to Aug/2/2019.
● Introduction to Cosmetic Science, Cosmetic Raw Materials. (Fall 2018).
● Cosmetic Science I and Cosmetic Science Laboratory I which mainly discuss Color Cosmetics: Formulation procedure of Lip makeup, Eye makeup, Facial makeup, Nail makeup, Deodorant and antiperspirants, Oral and Dental Care Products, Feminine Hygiene Products, Men’s Products. (Spring 2019).
● Previously, worked on project: Making pigments dispersion for Lipstick and Testing both Dispersion and Final products.
● Fundamental of Art involve the principle of mixing colors to obtain different shades. (Spring 2019).
● Cosmetic Science II and Cosmetic Science Laboratory II which mainly discuses Personal Skin Products; formulation procedure of Skin Care, Hair Care, Body Care, Sunscreens, Perfumes. (Fall 2019).
● Emulsion Science course by Mark Chandler, Technique in Pharmaceutical, Toxicokinetic, Advanced Drug Delivery system and Principle of Marketing. (Fall 2019).
The University of Toledo International Scholarship. Dean’s List: Spring 2018, Fall 2018, Spring 2019.
Cosmetic Science Internship, Paramus, New Jersey
Shin-Etsu Silicone of America/Cosmetic Lab Intern, May 2019- Aug 2019
Pharmacy, Tartous, Syria
Assistant Pharmacist, Aug 2016-Nov 2017
Arnouk Pharma, Tartous, Syria
Medical Sales Representative, Oct 2015–Mar 2016
ADDITIONAL EXPERIENCE Phoenicia Cuisine, Toledo, Ohio
Server, April 2018–April 2019
SCC, Society of Cosmetic Chemist, Member, Nov 2018
UT Cosmetic Chemists Society, Member, Sep 2018
MENAA, The Middle Eastern and North African Association, Member, Sep 2018