The Sr/Principal Scientist will be responsible for formula development and R&D project executions and completions for ZO Skin Health brand products. He/She ensures to meet product efficacy, aesthetic and cost requirements. Performs stability and troubleshoots formula and manufacturing issues. Experience in dealing with multiple external partnership in Contract R&D, Clinical and/or Contract Manufacturers to facilitate formula development collaboration and manufacturing technology transfer/scale-up processes. Experience and knowledge to anticipate and manage technical and regulatory hurdles in developing formulas for global registration and commercialization.
He/She directs and oversees external partners in the development and manufacturing of new and product upgrades.
Core Functions (among others)
• Drive ZO skin care innovation by creating viable and reproducible prototypes derived from market insights and consumer needs.
• Interface with Marketing, Regulatory, Quality, Supply Chain and external Formulation/
• Core knowledge of manufacturing processes and scaleability.
• Core knowledge of stability of formulations to ensure robust product quality and aesthetics.
• Manage timeline executions with limited supervisions.
• Apply understanding of skin physiology, technologies and ingredients for maximum efficacy and product delights.
• Understands global regulatory requirements, follows and meets ZO brand values and ingredient policies.
• Identify and review required product safety studies on different product uses and types.
• Minimum 7 years of skincare formulations/developmentexperience with Cosmetics, OTC and/or Rx products
• BS in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or Sciences preferred
• Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
• Results-driven, innovative thinker
• Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
• Good time management skills and the ability to work under pressure
• Outstanding written and verbal English communication skills
• Self-starter, motivated in an environment that requires creativity
• Innovative multi-tasker that can thrive in a fast-paced environment
• Adaptable to changing tasks, assigned responsibilities
This position will report directly to the Director of Research and Development.
Position located in Irvine, CA.
For full description contact CStahl@ZOSkinHealth.com