Must have 2 to 5 years of relevant work experience in personal care/ cosmetic/ aesthetic OTC drug formulation laboratory/regulated GMP production/laboratory. R&D, QA/QC in cosmetics/OTC: 3-5 years (Preferred) 21 CFR 210/211: 3-5 years (Preferred)
- Timely maintain clear and accurate stability and QC records (logbooks, batch records, COA generation, SDS etc.)
- Operating laboratory equipment and instruments, such as mixers, viscometers, pH meters, and homogenizers- leading to all the product development and QC.
- Follow procedures to perform R&D and QC related tests
- Review documentation to assure accuracy and completeness.
- Prepare materials for production, samples for salon or consumer testing, samples for submission, retention and stability program.
- Prepare samples to be sent out to third party testing laboratories and follow up accordingly for test results.
- Assists to monitor aspects of laboratory operations which include, but not limited to: Housekeeping, Calibration and Scale Verification, Formula Verification, Logbooks, and Batch Records.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
- Receive, document, and organize incoming raw materials and packaging and samples- R&D and QC Process.
- Organizes and ensures accurate and reliable filing systems for the paper-based test documents.
- B.S. in Chemistry or equivalent similar major
Send resume with Salary Requirements to email@example.com
Chatsworth Based Formulation/Product R&D laboratory is looking for a bench technician in the cosmetics and personal care field. Candidates will make daily lab batches as assigned by management, Prepare paperwork for formula submissions and document specifications for various batches, Perform and monitor stability testing on R&D batches. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities is a must. 5 years of experience preferred with a Science background. Medical Insurance, PTO/Sick & Vacation. Salary negotiable DOE Email resume/salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org
Quality Control Associate
Complete projects and requests in a quick, timely and efficient manner.
Respond to customer and project manager inquiries, issues, requests as needed
Assist in approval process for batches and finished goods release for cosmetics and OTC Drug products based on required criteria
Evaluate product submissions, and review for approval to be released by Manager
Submit and monitor samples for micro testing and results
Maintain, organize and store samples as needed
Responsible to make submissions to contract labs and obtain test reports
Work with Project Managers to issue deviations
Review Customer SOP’s with Project Managers to ensure implementation
Create Certificates of Analysis
Issue Stability and Compatibility Forms and obtain interval report and review, obtain final samples for examination and issue summary report
Perform internal product stability studies
Monitor test equipment and maintain in good operating condition
Request Purchase Orders and follow payment as necessary
Ensure invoices are reviewed and paid in a timely manner
Perform incoming Q.C. inspections as needed and report results obtained
Other duties as requested
Strong knowledge of cGMP’s
1-2 years experience
Lab and/or cosmetic industry experience
Strong attention to detail
Excellent Oral and written communication skills
Ability to determine priorities and re-prioritize as needed
Positive and Inspiring team player with a passion for one’s job
Motivated, proactively anticipates departmental needs
Computer Literacy, MS Office
R&D Laboratory Technician
Cosmetic Development Lab (CDL), located in Torrance, CA, and specializing in skin, hair and body care products is seeking a R&D laboratory technician to assist in making daily lab batches as assigned, document formulas and specifications, prepare samples and paperwork for laboratory sample submissions to various customers. Perform and monitor stability testing, and maintain/file laboratory technical files and documentation in support of customer and regulatory requirements. Must possess strong organizational and communication skills. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities is a must. Interested candidates may send resume to email@example.com
Filling Line Lead
Chatsworth Based Formulation/Product R&D laboratory is seeking a Filling Line Lead to run small scale filling line
Responsible for production line start-up process, line workers including: line assemblers and filling operators. Experience setting up/breaking down filling line and familiar with Video Jet lot coder.
Monitor employee and machinery efficiencies
Ensure that the scheduled work effort is accomplished to production specifications, on time and consistent with quality requirements and ensure cGMP and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) compliance
Reassign employees to secondary production lines as needed.
Responsible for in-process inspection procedures.
Track group attendance record on a daily basis and inform manager of any employee not meeting attendance requirements.
Work with Machine Maintenance and Quality Assurance staff in order to identify and troubleshoot production concerns.
Responsible for the training of new Associates assigned to filling lines. Other responsibilities as assigned by Manager.
High school Diploma or GED preferred or manufacturing experience acting as a Production Leader.
Minimum two years experience in a fast-paced cGMP manufacturing environment.
Demonstrated ability to follow through on project assignments and excellent team building and leadership skills.
Strong, Consistent, reliable attention to detail and ability to work independently.
Salary negotiable DOE. Email resume/salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org
Process Engineer - Cosmetics
Must have a minimum of 3 years of process engineer experience specifically in filling and scaling in the cosmetic industry. Must possess a broad knowledge of manufacturing operations and processes as they relate to product scale-up and industrialization, batch manufacturing and filling line validation.
Detailed Job Description here: https://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp03/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=BENEFITCOSMETICS&cws=52&rid=13272
Send resume with salary requirements to email@example.com
EO Products is looking for an innovative formulation scientist who will creatively design formulations that expand upon our core offerings and express our brand promises. We are looking for a curious and talented chemist to develop new formulas that excite and bring solutions to our customers, as well as optimizing and/or improving existing ones. They must be comfortable formulating with natural raw materials and working within the EO Charter of allowed chemistry, including various natural and organic certification standards.
- Research & Development
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong desire to be a leader in developing beautiful, functional formulas that push the envelope of green chemistry.
- Demonstrated effective management of time and projects.
- Experience collaborating with cross department teams: Product Development, Brand, Marketing, Sales
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects of varying complexities, meet deadlines, and be willing to change direction based on collaborative decisions.
- Ability to accept feedback and constructive criticism.
- Positive and solution orientated with a sense of humor and strong work ethic.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to be flexible and promote collaborative relationships.
- B.S. or M.S. in chemistry, chemical engineering or related scientific discipline
- 5+ years formulating experience in cosmetic / personal care
- Working knowledge, and progressive understanding of natural emulsion techniques (o/w, w/o, and micro-emulsions), natural thickeners, green surfactant systems, actives, next generation preservation systems
- Demonstratable creativity thinking and formulation skills
- Must be able to easily adapt to priority changes and able to work on simultaneous projects to meet established deadlines
- Ability to work collaboratively and be self-driven for success
- Supervision experience preferred
- Some travel may be required
For a more detailed description and to apply, please visit the link below:
Sr. R&D Chemist
Join Markwins Beauty Brands…
-If you like to work for the largest privately-held beauty company in North America
-If your passion is formulating for top brands like Wet n Wild®, Physicians Formula®, Black Radiance®, Lip Smacker®, Bonne Bell®, and LORAC®
-If seeing your formulations being sold in over 80000 doors in 80 countries makes you proud
-If you are eager to learn the end to end business in a truly vertically integrated company (from Product development to R&D to manufacturing to marketing to distribution)
-If you enjoy a dynamic working, industry leading career growth, robust compensation package and benefits.
Project Manager - Product Development
Optimize product development process in partnership with all cross-functional team members (Product Marketing, Supply Chain, R+D, Regulatory, Packaging, International Marketing) and accelerate speed to market specifically with new innovation areas
• Development and application of project management standards, tools, and systematic processes using workfront software
• Track + publish performance metrics + PD dashboard weekly
• Refine, manage and maintain up-to-date project timelines inclusive of all critical milestones, key interdependencies and resource constraints, applying appropriate project scheduling techniques
• Work with cross-functional teams to provide feasibility analysis on new product launches + initiatives
• Identify, recommend and work with the team to implement any cost or time-saving opportunities to ensure projects stay on time + on budget/ in scope
• Lead and organize cross-functional teams to ensure resolution of complex operational issues, some of which may require timely/urgent action, escalate to Exec Team when needed
• Responsible for new product launches, reformulations, repackaging projects, tech transfers + gift with purchase programs (others may be added in the future)
Desired Skills + Experience
• At least 5+ years of CPG industry experience required, skincare or beauty industry experience preferred
• Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree preferred
• 10+ years of project management experience managing cross-functional teams, experience in managing new product development projects from idea to market launch preferred
• Proven track record of leading teams in delivering results
• Formal Project Management Training highly preferred
• Must be familiar with standard PM tools and templates. Strong MS Office suite skills; can demonstrate expertise with project planning software.
Contact: Connie Stahl
IMCD is a leading company in sales, marketing and distribution of specialty chemicals and food ingredients. We represent major global producers, and our corporate headquarters are in Rotterdam, The Netherlands. We are currently seeking an experienced and highly skilled Principal Manager for the Western portion of the United States.
The Principal Manager will work with assigned suppliers to understand their expectations of IMCD as a channel partner with regards to sales growth, communication, logistic expectations (transactional), and marketing (market intelligence).
Technical Account Manager
Do you have the ambition and commercial skills to be our newest recruit as Technical Account Manager for the IMCD US West Coast Personal Care team? Apply now to enjoy an entrepreneurial working environment .
Head of Product Development
StackedSkincare is looking for a formulator/chemist on a part time basis to lead their new product development efforts.
Develop stable product formulas, mix and confirm formula in the lab
Prepare detailed product formula documentation and manufacturing instruction sheets for quoting by Product Development team as well as inhouse regulatory filings
Support communications with contracted manufacturers during quotation, development, scale up, and manufacturing processes
Substantiate product claims through research and provide clinical studies for raw ingredients.
Work with testing labs to confirm formula work as expected
Establish relationships with ingredient vendors to develop knowledge of new ingredients and resources for technical assistance
Follow the market to have an awareness of emerging trends on ingredients
Ensure formulations are high quality, cost effective, efficacious and meet brand requirements
MS in Pharmaceutical Science, Chemistry, or equivalent
2-3+ years of experience in related industry
Knowledge of pre-formulation, manufacturing technology and scale up as well as product applicable regulations
Expert knowledge of ingredients, preferably with an emphasis on natural ingredients
Experience formulating to FDA/EPA regulations
StackedSkincare® is a vegan, cruelty-free, clean skincare line developed by expert aesthetician Kerry Benjamin. In 2014, the StackedSkincare product line launched based on the technique of combining or “stacking” professional-grade peels, serums and tools to gently drive actives deeper into the skin and address multiple skin concerns all at once. https://stackedskincare.com
Technical Service & Compliance Coordinator
We are currently recruiting for a Technical Service & Compliance Coordinator.
Our new Technical Service & Compliance Coordinator will support the organization and record-keeping of company-wide quality, regulatory and third-party certification standards (e.g. Organic, Fair Trade, Vegan, etc.) and support new market expansion and new product development. To be considered for this role, you should be extremely organized with outstanding attention to detail, have a background in chemistry, food science, toxicology, or similar technical field, and preferably have knowledge of FDA regulations in cosmetics, food, and/or ISO 9001. This position will provide technical support for new product development, domestically and internationally, and will help ensure that all technical and regulatory related issues are addressed in compliance with written procedures and/or applicable regulatory requirements.
Please visit the career section of our website at www.drbronner.com for a complete job description and to apply online.
Product development consultant seeking full-time position or long-term contract with a growth-oriented skincare or personal care products company. Highly motivated, self-starting professional with proven experience in all facets of the product development life cycle for the skincare and personal care industry. History of leading sizeable, cross-functional product development teams in the design and launch of beauty and personal care products across multiple categories. Adept at forging strong relationships with strategic partners and internal divisions to bolster company bottom-line and reduce manufacturing and production costs.
Highlights of Expertise
- Product Development Management
- Cross-Functional Team Leadership
- Strategic Business Planning / Development
- Cosmetic Formulation
- Supply Chain Optimization
- Market Analysis/Research
- Process / Continuous Improvement
- Creative Process / Project Life Cycle
- New Product Innovation / Go-to-Market Strategies
- Revenue Generation / Cost Control
- Task Prioritization / Organization
- Client and Vendor Relations
Los Angeles Metro Area. Will commute to OC and West Valley.
Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
An Internationally Trained Pharmacist with a good Lab Experience in both Cosmetic Formulation and Pharmaceutical Products. Completing a second bachelor’s degree in Cosmetic Science and Formulation Design. Seeking a full-time Job in Color Cosmetic and Personal Care Products.
The University of Toledo, Toledo, Ohio
Bachelor of Science in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Dec 2019 Major: Cosmetic Science and Formulation Design.
The University of Kalamoon, Damascus, Syria
Bachelor of Science, Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Sep 2015
● Have worked at Shin-Etsu Silicones of America Inc as Cosmetic Lab Intern from May/13/ 2019 to Aug/2/2019.
● Introduction to Cosmetic Science, Cosmetic Raw Materials. (Fall 2018).
● Cosmetic Science I and Cosmetic Science Laboratory I which mainly discuss Color Cosmetics: Formulation procedure of Lip makeup, Eye makeup, Facial makeup, Nail makeup, Deodorant and antiperspirants, Oral and Dental Care Products, Feminine Hygiene Products, Men’s Products. (Spring 2019).
● Previously, worked on project: Making pigments dispersion for Lipstick and Testing both Dispersion and Final products.
● Fundamental of Art involve the principle of mixing colors to obtain different shades. (Spring 2019).
● Cosmetic Science II and Cosmetic Science Laboratory II which mainly discuses Personal Skin Products; formulation procedure of Skin Care, Hair Care, Body Care, Sunscreens, Perfumes. (Fall 2019).
● Emulsion Science course by Mark Chandler, Technique in Pharmaceutical, Toxicokinetic, Advanced Drug Delivery system and Principle of Marketing. (Fall 2019).
The University of Toledo International Scholarship. Dean’s List: Spring 2018, Fall 2018, Spring 2019.
Cosmetic Science Internship, Paramus, New Jersey
Shin-Etsu Silicone of America/Cosmetic Lab Intern, May 2019- Aug 2019
Pharmacy, Tartous, Syria
Assistant Pharmacist, Aug 2016-Nov 2017
Arnouk Pharma, Tartous, Syria
Medical Sales Representative, Oct 2015–Mar 2016
ADDITIONAL EXPERIENCE Phoenicia Cuisine, Toledo, Ohio
Server, April 2018–April 2019
SCC, Society of Cosmetic Chemist, Member, Nov 2018
UT Cosmetic Chemists Society, Member, Sep 2018
MENAA, The Middle Eastern and North African Association, Member, Sep 2018
I am looking for a job opportunity to continue learning and practicing formulation. I have had nearly a year of experience in a cosmetics lab making daily lab batches and have been working as a product development manager for over 2 years after that. I also graduated with a chemistry (sub-option: biochemistry) to become a cosmetic chemist, so I am very familiar with the lab environment. I would love to learn under a formulator/cosmetic chemist and advance myself!
Previous experience I’ve had in the cosmetic field:
Product Development Manager, Rose & Abbot
· Assisted in developing customized formulas with a separate development lab by researching and finding ingredients (specifically natural and vegan).
· Managed all packaging components and shipping of components and retail products
· Mixed the base, booster, scent components to customize each retail product sold
· Organized all stock
· Worked collaboratively with graphic designer for bottle design and labels
· Created INCIs of moisturizer formulas
Lab Technician, Botanx Cosmetics Company
· Assisted senior chemist in formulating & adjusting cosmeceutical products · Conducted QC tests on batch/lab products
· Organized inventory
As an upcoming Formulation Chemist, with a very strong Chemistry background. My goal is to leverage my skills and knowledge to help succeed with formulating, creating and regulating products.
However, I have not yet obtainled a great amount of formulating or cosmetic experience.
I currently reside in Oregon but am trying to move down to LA.
I do have the passion and desire to learn, grow and excel in this industry.
Cosmetic Chemist/Skin Care Scientist
I am seeking a full-time position with a skin-care or color cosmetic company. My interests are cosmetic/skincare formulation and skincare researches. I am an enthusiastic and motivated scientific professional with years of experience in dermatology, analytical chemistry, clinical and cosmetic researches at universities and industries; author of peer-reviewed scientific papers, technical reports, and framework documents; recognized for excellence through awards and above-average performance. Currently in San Francisco but willing to relocate anywhere in the United States.