RICH BROWN SCHOLARSHIP
In 2015 the Intermountain West Chapter lost a dear member, Rich Brown, in a skiing accident. In honor of Rich, his wife Susan and the IMWSCC chapter have teamed up to provide one scholarship in the amount of $1,000.00 to any college student interested in pursuing a career in the cosmetic industry with a passion for chemistry. Our hope is to continue this tradition each academic year.
The scholarship applications will be reviewed by the SCC Intermountain West Chapter board members and the winner will be presented the scholarship at our fourth quarter meeting. Successful candidates are encouraged to attend SCC meetings, volunteer at events, and collaborate with members of the Society when possible. Applicants that did not receive the scholarship will be notified by email.
October 20, 2017 (postmarked)
Click on this link to read the scholarship requirements and download the application. Please type on it or fill out in neat handwriting. Be sure to include all required documents with the application. When you are finished, you can submit the application in one of two ways:
1. Postal Mail
Postmark application by October 20, 2017. Address the envelope to:
Chris Lesko IC2
16050 Canary Avenue
La Mirada, CA 90638
2. Electronic Mail
About Rich Brown
With 45 years of experience, Rich knew our industry inside out. He was the guy that asked our presenters the hard questions, threw fun jabs at the Board, and always had a smile on his face.
- 1970-1978 Max Factor Hollywood Cosmetic Chemist
- 1978- 1982 Max Factor Hollywood Packaging Design and Marketing
- 1982-1984 Max Factor Hollywood Manager of Analytical Research
- 1984-2008 Cosmetic Labs of America Chatsworth CA Mgr. and Dir of Cosmetic Development
- 2008-2015 President of Apotheosis Beauty Labs
- Posthumous Emeritus Member
- The IMWSCC Board has voted to rename the Merit Award the “Rich Brown Merit Award.”
Our thoughts and prayers go out to Rich’s wife Suzi, as well as their family and friends. Rich will be dearly missed.